Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The card shark

I came home from my bellydance class tonight and my son and mom were playing Go Fish. They finished their game so I played with him. He won the first game, but I got the pair of Jokers. He wanted them.

So, the next game, he cheated. I knew from the look on his face that he was up to something. (He tries to lie to me, but is rarely very good at it. He was looking way too smug this time.) He lost that game. (He had put a card up his sleeve.)

We played one more game. That time, he stacked the deck so that we would get the pair of Jokers dealt to him. He lost that game, too.

Then he told me that he had cheated both times. He was pretty smug, thinking he'd gotten away with something. Until I pointed out that he lost both of the games when he cheated. The look on his face was priceless when he understood what had happened.

We didn't play again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home