Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Have the aliens landed?

Very shortly after I got home from work today I began to wonder if aliens had taken over my son's body. Either that, or if he was ill.

You see, Tuesday is the day the week's homework comes home. It's due on Friday (or, in this case, Thursday, as there is no school here Friday). Homework completion is usually NOT one of the high points in my relationship with my son. He won't do it at all without my help. Usually. All last year, and the start of this year, homework often involved tears (his), frustration (ours), bad language (his), etc.

Today I got home and took the Tuesday folder out of his backpack. I was just starting to look at some of the papers when my mom said, "Oh, you've found it already." I thought I was looking at some classwork he'd brought home. Come to find out, no, I was looking at his completed homework for the week! He stopped at his great-grandmother's (next door) after school because Mom had to take Dad to the Orthoticist and they weren't home yet. While he was there, he did every page in his homework packet!

If the aliens haven't landed, then I think he should go see his great-grandma every Tuesday after school. . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

LOL! I wonder if he was bored. Good for Great-grandma!

9:32 AM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...you live in mcminnville, and you were/are friends with Stacey....

I live in mcminnville and Stacey's my best friend.

Do I know you? :)

But, does your son go to Cook? Tuesday folders, school off on friday...sounds like my daughter.

1:31 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Jess. said...

Hi Adena. My son goes to Wascher. I've been wondering if I knew you, too, but no one comes to mind.

9:35 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Stacey said...

you guys are funny. Why didn't you as ME if you knew each other. And, that would be a no.

11:50 AM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home